Play for All Children and
Support for Their Grown-ups.
Recess is on a mission to bring play to all children...kids who are neurotypical, kids with developmental delays and kids who benefit from a little extra support as they learn to navigate the world.
Recess continually strives to support children with special needs and all of the grown-ups who support them. We know that building connections with other families, having access to a safe space to play, and getting a chance to put new skills into practice with typically developing peers are all key to learning how to navigate the world.
We are proud to offer:
- Exclusive playtime for specific profiles when Recess is otherwise closed (for children with Autism, Apraxia, Down Syndrome, etc.)
- Space to meet with ABA therapists, OT's, Speech Therapists, etc. Recess is not a clinic, but a recreational center that is a fun place for kids to "play", achieving many therapeutic goals.
- Meet-up opportunities in our community room
- Support groups for parents
- Sensory friendly birthday parties
- Social Skills groups
- Professional memberships for therapists who would like an alternative space to meet with clients (when the home/ park/ library is not an ideal match).