Playspace Classes at Recess
Playspace classes a great way to introduce your child to the idea of teacher-led activities and structured play, without having to leave the playspace!
These classes are FREE for anytime members. Limited and mini members can attend classes within their membership times for free or pay $10 to attend classes outside their membership time. Non-members can purchase a day pass and participate in any activities ocurring during their reservation.
Spring Classes (April 3 - June 2)
- Sensory Lab (1-4y) 9:30am
- explore rotating stations of playdough, painting, drawing, sensory bins, and more in this open play time. activities are not teacher led, but rather free for exploration- learn new activities to do with your little one at home, and the best part is you don't have to worry about the mess!
- Baby Play (0-6m) 1pm
- join Allie, our resident infant mental health specialist, for an informal meetup in our pre-walker area to check out developmentally appropriate toys, read a book, sing a song, and connect with other new parents and build community.
- Sensory Lab (1-4y) 3:30pm
- Garden Time (all ages) 12pm
- Check out our garden space and enjoy the fresh air (in a contained area!) water a plant, play in the sand box, or check out a rotating activity for your little one to explore in the sun.
- Mini Sensory Lab (pre-walkers) 1:30pm
- Just like sensory lab, but for littler kiddos! Everything is set up on the ground and more easily accessible, and everything is safe to go in their mouths.
- Sensory Lab (1-4y) 4pm
- Ukulele Concert (all ages) 11am
- Join Uni and her ukulele for an hour of popular hits, sing alongs, and even a chance to strum an ukulele or sing into the microphone!
- Sensory Lab (1-4y) 4pm
- Music + Storytime (0-4y) 9:45am
- Join us for a few books and a few singalongs in the playspace! We'll read old favorites and new stories, and sing a variety of songs your little ones are sure to love.
- Circle of Babies (0-12m) 2pm
- This playgroup is geared towards our littlest friends, for an opportunity to socialize, interact, and build community with other like-minded parents of new children.
- Moderated Playgroup (all ages) 3-6pm
- Join Amanda, child development specialist, for tips and support on dealing with every stage of your child's development. Bring your questions and join us for this informal meetup.
- Big Block Play (1-4y) 4pm
- Big block play is a great opportunity to explore legos, blocks, and other building/stackables in the play and learn lab, where knocking towers over is all part of the learning!
- Sensory Lab (1-4y) 11am
- Music Time (0-4y) 10am 1x/mo
- Music time is a fun mixture of singalongs, new songs to learn, opportunities to dance, get up and stretch, and shake an instrument or two. We mix recorded tracks with singing and explore everything from disco, to current hits, to Motown... anything to get our little ones happy and engaged!